Delve into the passionate dance culture of Cuba, a country that has valued this art form since the beginning of time. Discover a variety of styles ranging from traditional to modern, including Afro-Cuban, Rumba, Son, Salsa, Reggaeton and our special feature Cuban Modern Dance.
Cultural Explorations is proud to represent the internationally-renowned Danza Contemporánea de Cuba, a contemporary dance company based in the “corazón,” or heart of Havana, Cuba. With performances in over 70 countries around the world, the company is widely recognized as the new front runner in the dance scene.
Most unique is the style of the company, combining a fusion of graceful contemporary movements with bursts of energetic Cuban folklore. In addition, the dancers are incredibly imposed with the variations of music making for a polished, technical performance and a tremendous stage presence.
Experience the once in a lifetime opportunity to witness and learn from a highly-esteemed group of professionals that will reinvigorate your love for dance.
- Visit the majestic Alicia Alonso Grand Theater of Havana, home of the National Ballet of Cuba.
- Engage in private lessons and in-depth workshops guided by professional Cuban dancers and instructors.
- Observe the rigorous training and intense preparation of the Danza dance company.
- Visit Callejón de Hamel for a vibrant Afro-Cuban Rumba performance.
- Celebrate at one of Havana’s famous cabaret clubs, the classic Tropicana show.
- Enjoy captivating sounds and vibrant choreography at the historical Buena Vista Social Club.
- Spice up your evening and showcase your dance skills around the sizzling Havana nightlife.